Monday 3 August 2015

A new hair do, and an outfit of pastels for winter.

 Sydney is back to a cold patch of winter, after some unseasonably warm weather the other week. I decided for today's outfit I wanted to move away from my usual winter palate of black, red and plaid, and make use of some new hair ideas.
I used this tutorial of Tasha's. I'd tried it one before with uncurled hair, and it did not work, but this morning it went together without a fault. I cannot get my hair to behave usually so this was a win. I used a new hair scarf I had made the other week using some lovely hydrangea fabric. I need to make some more now, especially in plain colours. I can see myself wearing my hair like this a lot.

My outfit didn't come up too well in these pictures. I am wearing a heavy wool pleated mid-purple skirt, a cream blouse, and my very long blue coat. Earrings and necklace are both pearls. I took these photos in a hidden courtyard at university, isn't it perfect?

11 comments:

  1. Great location and your hairdo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it's probably my favourite spot on campus

      Delete
  2. Your hairdo is lovely!! I'm waiting for my hair to (EVER) grow out so I can do it again - it was one of my absolute staple vintage hairdos before I got my hair cut.
    You look lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther. I always admire how you can pull off vintage hairstyles and hats

      Delete
  3. i love your hairstyle! i am awful at styling my own hair but you've done yours so well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I am completely awful at it as well. It's only in the last few months that I am game enough to try new things. Thankfully I am getting some good results

      Delete
  4. So lovely! That's my dress sense :D I found your blog from Paiges and another Aussie?!
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your blog, how lovely, adding it to my reader.

      Delete
    2. Aww thanks so much! That means a lot! :-)

      Delete