Sunday, 8 January 2017
2017 Make Nine
Last year I did not get as much sewing done as I wanted to, but I am happy with what I did get made, especially moving into sewing a lot of separates. The Smooth Sailing blouse has become an indispensable wardrobe staple.
This year's plans are as follows:
1. Sew more vintage.
2. Pencil skirts- fit a pattern for my hips
3. Keep the sewing area under control. We live in a tiny apartment and my sewing is everywhere. We are planning on moving in the next few months, so hopefully that will mean I can get more organised.
4. Sew more regularly: again this will be easier when sewing doesn't take over everything including the bed! However, a lot of it is just having that motivation to get started.
5. UFOs. At this point last year I was lamenting the same. I need to finish what I start. A lot of things only have hand sewing left, which I love to do, but it does take time.
6. Blog once a week. I love having this platform, and I want to be able to grow it more.
7. Take part in at least two sewing challenges.
8. Increase skills: grading, bound button holes etc.
I'll be back later this week with yet another Smooth Sailing blouse!